Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mickie vs. Melina, Raw, 02/05/07

This match was for the women's championship. From what I understand Mickie faced Victoria at the Royal Rumble for the final time, and beat her.

At any rate, we have two of my favorite girls- Mickie and Melina. I've wanted to see a long Mickie/Melina feud for a while now, and I think we are finally getting it.

This match had Super Crazy in Mickie's corner, and Johny Nitro in Melina's corner. This match came right after Super Crazy fought and won against Johny Nitro, with Melina in Johny's corner, and Mickie in Super Crazy's corner. I think that's rather odd.

This match was full of action and aggression from both girls. It was rather brutal for a women's match.

The match ended when Melina rolled up Mickie for a pin and held on to the ropes for leverage. The ref caught her and while she spent that split second arguing with the ref, Mickie reversed the pin and she got the pin fall, retaining the women's championship title.

The score looked like this (click here to see an explanation of my point system)
Raw, February 5th, 2007.
Title match, standard rules, Mickie vs Melina.
Match lasted 4.41 minutes.
Mickie wins by pinfall, retains title.

Mickie
Striking: 24
Tosses: 5
Locks: 1
Aerials: 1
Kickouts: 3

Melina
Striking: 11
Tosses: 5
Locks: 5
Aerials:
Kickouts: 1

Totals
Mickie: 41
Melina: 36


After the match the paparazzi come into the ring to take pictures of an irate Melina. She shoos them away and covers her face while Johnny Nitro tries to intimidate them out of the ring.

Apparently there was a tag team match after this match, but it was on the Raw that aired Thursday. I opted to watch TNA instead so I missed it. all i know is it had Mickie on one side and Melina on the other. If I ever get a hold of the footage I will add the details in here.

No comments: